- The industry is tough and we believe in preparing our actors for the ‘real world’.
- Through establishing ongoing affiliations and accreditation, we ensure that our actors are exposed to programs that are industry relevant, internationally recognized and which deliver graduates with an accredited qualification.
- Act Cape Town is registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training as a Private Higher Education Institution under the Higher Education Act, 1997, Registration certificate No.2013/HEO7/002.
- Accreditation by the Council on Higher education (CHE) for the Higher Certificate: Acting for Film.
- Accreditation by the Council on Higher education (CHE) for the Advanced Certificate: Acting for Film.
- ACT affords actors global connections through its partner schools:
New York Film Academy, offering our students enhanced educational value as well as opportunities to further their studies at any of NYFA’s U.S campuses (New York City, Los Angeles, and South Beach (Miami)). For students wishing to pursue degree studies internationally, the partnership provides a direct educational pathway, whereby students can transfer to NYFA, and earn their Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) in 4 semesters rather than the required 8. Upon completing the BFA, students are eligible to apply for MFA or MA programs. NYFA is a year-round school offering three academic semesters a year.
- London Academy of Music & Dramatic Art (LAMDA). ACT is a registered LAMDA Examination Private Centre, affording our students world-renowned international qualifications in performance.
- ACT is affiliated with the SAE Institute of Cape Town, offering our students the opportunity to collaborate and network with passionate film-making students.
ACT is partnered with Zabalaza Intsika eBaxter Theatre in the awarding of ACT’s Annual Scholarships in Acting for Film.